While meeting new people can be fun and exciting, you should always exercise caution when interacting with people you don't know. Whether you're exchanging messages or meeting in person, it's important to put your safety first.
Here are some things you can do to stay safe:
- 1. Never share financial information or send money to someone you met on a dating site.
- 2. Do not share your personal information or specific details about your daily routine.
- 3. Limit your interactions to the IntrovertsOnly platform while you're getting to know someone.
- 4. Report all suspicious and offensive behavior promptly (email@example.com).
- 5. Use a strong password and log off of your account when your session is finished.
- 6. Don't be in a rush to meet in person and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- 7. When you are ready to meet someone, meet in public and stay in public.
- 8. When going on a date, tell your friends and family the details of your plans.
- 9. Be in control of your own transportation to get to and from your date.
- 10. Be aware of the effects of alcohol and other drugs as they can impair your judgement.
- 11. Do not leave your drinks or personal items unattended during a date.
- 12. If you are on a date and you feel uncomfortable, leave immediately and without notice.
- 13. Protect yourself against diseases and unplanned pregnancy by using condoms.
- 14. Get tested for STDs regularly to be sure you maintain a clear status.
- 15. All sexual activity should start with verbal consent.
IntrovertsOnly maintains a zero tolerance policy regarding these behaviors:
- 1. Requests for money, gift cards, or donations.
- 2. Underage users.
- 3. Harassment, offensive messages, and threats.
- 4. Harmful or inappropriate behavior before, during, or after meeting someone.
- 5. Fraudulent photos or profile information.
- 6. Solicitation or spam including links to external websites.
- 7. Attempts to sell products or services.
If you feel that your rights have been violated online or during a date, please consider reaching out to one of the following resources for help:
RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline:
1-800-656-4673 | www.rainn.org
1-800-230-7526 | www.plannedparenthood.org
National Sexual Violence Resource Center:
1-877-739-3895 | www.nsvrc.org
VictimConnect - Crime Victim Resource Center:
1-855-484-2846 | www.victimconnect.org
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center:
LGBT National Help Center:
1-888-843-4564 | www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org
Advice from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission about online romance scams:
Disclaimer: IntrovertsOnly does not perform background checks on its members.